- This event has passed.
Tincture Making Workshop
October 12, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$45
Get your hands dirty in this fun, intensive workshop that’ll turn you into a tincture making pro!
Did you know that tinctures allow you to carry the power of herbal medicine with you right in your pocket! A few drops are like a fully steeped infusion of herbal tea without the hot water! In this class we’ll show you how to make your very own tinctures to make herbal medicine super easy! This is a great way to preserve the herbs you grow, take advantage of herb sales, or work on making your own tinctures for wellness, healing, and peace.
We’ll cover all the basics so this class is suited for those both new and experienced in medicine making. Some of the highlights will include:
- Which herbs won’t tincture, and which ones are great at it
- Choosing the right menstrum (alcohol, glycerine, etc.)
- Easy formulation and blending
- Dosing and usage
- Pro tips to make super potent and vibrant tinctures
- On the cheap – using what you have in your own kitchen
- Bottling and storage
- Instruction and demonstrations
- Supervised hands-on making – build your own tincture to use and share!
- Access to all needed tools and gear
- Organic herbs
- Organic gluten-free alcohol and glycerine – your choice!
- Jars and sieving materials
- Bottles & labels – enough to share as gifts or save for when you need them
- Treats, tunes, and lots of good plant energy!
Friday October 12, 2018
Thyme & Place
362 east 900 south